LAKE CHELAN WINE VALLEY HOSTS SPRING BARREL TASTING MAY 19-20
18 Boutique Wineries Open Cellar Doors for Behind-the-Scenes Look at Winemaking
LAKE CHELAN, WA (May 10, 2012) — Lake Chelan Wine Valley will kick off spring with a weekend of tasting future wine releases straight from the barrel on May 19 and 20. Spring Barrel Tasting is an annual event and offers visitors the chance to taste and learn how the use of oak plays a significant role in wine making. Guests will explore the use of different oak treatments and their impact on the taste, color, tannin and texture of the wine. Guests can visit winery cellar rooms for exclusive tastings with local winemakers and purchase upcoming vintages of some of their favorite wines.
Wines that will be offered to taste throughout the weekend include the following. For a full list and more details, visit http://www.lakechelanwinevalley.com/index.php?page_id=238.
- Benson Vineyards - 2010 Estate Merlot and 2010 Estate Syrah
- Chelan Estate Winery - 2011 Roussanne/Chardonnay from a new French oak barrel and a one year old French barrel from the same cooperage
- Hard Row to Hoe - upcoming vintages of your favorite Hard Row wines
- Rio Vista wines - Tempranillo, sourced from Summit Vineyards (Chelan AVA) and Malbak from Antoine Creek Vineyards, just up-river from Rio Vista. 2010 Barbera will also be released.
- Tsillan Cellars - 2010 Estate Sinistra and 2011 Estate Chardonnay
- Tunnel Hill Winery - 2011 Estate Pinot Noir from both new and neutral oak barrels
- Vin du Lac - 2011 Red Café Pinot Noir